“Roller coaster in slow motion” – defines what is happening in the political sphere in Europe, U.S. economist Nouriel Roubini. His opinion is that by next year, Greece will have to leave the euro zone, says CNBC.
Roubini’s comments came after the Greeks refused to support parties that agreed rescue package with the International Monetary Fund and the European Union. According to economist increases the likelihood that the new government to seek to renegotiate the conditions for receiving money.
Yesterday was such a request by Alexis Tsipras, leader of the radical leftist Coalition Forces (SYRIZA), which received the mandate to form a government. “National decision ruled clearly that the bailout agreement is null and void,” stated categorically Tsipras.
According to him, agreed by the previous government measures to cut costs are “catastrophe.”
Roubini, who some time repeated that “perfect storm” for the global economy is expected in 2013, believes that the euro will probably fall apart by 2-3 countries will peacetime.
“Luck will be if Europe eventually came out of the situation stagnation like Japan’s lost decade,” said Roubini.
Despite concerns expressed in Europe, Roubini admitted that it has changed its investment strategy and moisture 70% of their funds in stocks, half of which are components of major stock indexes in the U.S.. The other 30 percent it holds in cash.